Existing hostels consulting
Does your hostel struggle with one of these common problems?
- Low occupancy, especially during the winter months
- Constant need for repairs but not enough money to do them
- Too many things to do so your business never gets beyond subsistence
We can work with you to fix every single one of these problems.
We’ve seen every type and size of hostel throughout the UK for the past 30 years, since we have inspected over 100 hostels in Scotland and worked or visited over 50 more in the UK, Europe and America.
We also wrote the accommodation standards for the independent hostel sector in Scotland, ranging from cosy 8-bed hostels in remote areas to lively 130-bed hostels in cities, so we know what makes a hostel successful.
Learn the skills of top hostel managers
By working with us, you will learn the skills and procedures you need to:
- Increase occupancy by understanding the needs of your target market
- Create jobs for local people and keep staff on throughout year
- Win over local businesses by putting money in their pockets
- Improve job satisfaction by training and supporting your staff
- Create additional revenue streams such as cafes, activities and gift shops
- Improve hostel efficiency by implementing systems that work
- Increase bookings through feeder hostels
- Effective and cost-efficient marketing and advertising by learning where to target your spending, especially on the internet
Building a reputation
When a guest stays at your hostel, it will be memorable because it’s unlike anywhere else and they will come back again and again. Then they’ll tell others.
You will also notice an increase in local community pride because your hostel is giving the community something distinctive and worthy, an attraction.
Working with you and your community
We will support and encourage you and your organisation or community’s vision rather than imposing one on you. We will involve your community in the goals, operation and success of the hostel so they see how the hostel can benefit them as well as feel part of the process.
If you’d like to know more about how you can start generating significantly more profits and job satisfaction, contact us to discuss your situation. We can even suggest funding sources to completely cover the cost of hiring us.
Or sign up to get our latest tips below:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Get in touch
Does your organisation have a similar project that could use our help? Contact us for a free initial consultation.